Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Headed for Haiti




Hello, Bonjour, Bonjou

This blog was created in Dede Cummings office on Tuesday, June 29th 2010 to let my family, friends, co-op workers, and supporters know what I'll be doing on my trip. I'll do my best to post because not everybody is fortunate to have access to electricity and computers.

Here a link to article about my trip and work at the Orphanage Bon Samaritin in Marmalade Haiti, which is around 130 miles north of Port-au-Prince. The town is in the mountains. I will publish a few photos I found online and a map, so my readers can see where I will be staying and working with the children.

I am excited and nervous about this adventure, and I will be bringing lots of supplies and presents for the children.

Thanks to all! Merci! Mesi!
Mariam

Here is a photo taken by Brattleboro Reformer photographer, Zachary Stephens



4 comments:

  1. Wishing you a safe trip, Mariam! Bon chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiguini,

    I will see you tomorrow to give you our contribution (cathy and I). I know you will do great there. You have a way with children. They will appreciate your presence after going through such trauma. Keep us posted!

    Sire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toguini,

    on te manque ici à Brattlebougou! Des que tu puisses, envoies-nous tes nouvelles.

    Biz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mariam,

    We're missing you at the Co-op, for some reason our aprons seems to be staying on! Hope you are doing well and my little post finds you in a good situation. How blessed are those you are working with, wish I was with you! I gave your blog address to Isaiah and it will be in the next Beet. Although my little post has a limit and an end my warm affections for you do not. Big Hugs, Dano

    ReplyDelete